Winners Announced For 13th Annual Wisconsin Family Business Of The Year Awards
MADISON, WI, – May 13, 2016 – The winners of the thirteenth annual Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Awards were announced last night, Thursday, May 12, 2016 at the Monona Terrace. The award celebrates the accomplishments and the impact that family-owned businesses have on our communities. Each nomination was reviewed in-depth by a panel of judges composed of independent business leaders. The judges considered the family business’ contribution to its community and industry, its positive links between family and business, and innovative practices it may use, among other things. There is one first place winner for the Grand Awards in each category of small (under 50 employees), medium (51-100 employees), and large (over 100 employees) companies.
The Grand Award Winners are:
- Empire Screen Printing of Onalaska, winner of the large company category
- Badger Basement Systems of Fort Atkinson, winner of the medium company category
- Shiloh Dairy of Brillion, winner of the small company category
Three companies were recognized with the Special Awards by the judges for companies excelling in a particular area.
Each award was given a unique name for the company:
- Gordon Flesch Company of Madison received “Wired for Success”
- Tamara’s the Cake of Oshkosh received “Sweet Success”
- Architectural Design Consultants of Lake Delton received “Communication – Commitment – Creativity”
The event is sponsored by Smith & Gesteland, Whyte, Hirschboeck, Dudek S.C., and First Business.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.