Winners Announced For 12th Annual Wisconsin Family Business Of The Year Awards
MADISON, WI, – May 15, 2015 – The winners of the twelfth annual Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Awards were announced Thursday, May 14, 2015 at the Edgewater Hotel. The award celebrates the accomplishments and the impact that family-owned businesses have on our communities.
Each nomination was reviewed in-depth by a panel of judges composed of independent business leaders. The judges considered the family business’ contribution to its community and industry, its positive links between family and business, and innovative practices it may use, among other things. There is one first place winner for the Grand Awards in each category of small (under 50 employees), medium (51-100 employees), and large (over 100 employees) companies.
The Grand Awards are:
- C.G. Schmidt of Milwaukee, winner of the large company category
- Breuer Metal Craftsmen of Beaver Dam, winner of the medium company category
- Gellings Implement, Inc. of Eden, winner of the small company category
Six companies were recognized with the Special Awards by the judges for companies excelling in a particular area. Each award was given a unique name for the company.
The Special Awards are:
- The Kalahari Resorts & Conventions of Wisconsin Dells received “Fire Driven Passion.”
- Milk Source, LLC, of Freedom received “Innovation and Sustainability.”
- Moyer’s Landscaping of Stoughton received “Deep Family Roots.”
- Nasonville Dairy of Marshfield received “You Feta Believe.”
- Stan’s Fit for Your Feet of Milwaukee received “Sole of the Family.”
- Yahara Bay Distillers, Inc. of Madison received “Spirits of Madison.”
This year’s keynote speaker was Carl Corey, Wisconsin-based author and photographer who published “For Love and Money – Portraits of Wisconsin Family Businesses.” Carl shared his stories of the families he encountered while traveling all around Wisconsin.
The event is sponsored by Smith & Gesteland, Whyte, Hirschboeck, Dudek S.C., and First Business. Additional information about the event, including past winners, can be found at www.familybusinessawards.com.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.