Three Hundred Northeast Wisconsin For-profit Nonprofit Leaders To Collaborate At First Annual Enterprising Nonprofits Conference
APPLETON, WI, – May 16, 2014 – Over 300 local for-profit and nonprofit leaders are expected at the first annual Enterprising NONPROFITS conference on May 21, 2014 at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel in Appleton.
Enterprising NONPROFITS offers opportunities for business leaders, executive directors, and community involvement partners to network, collaborate, and share best practices. This unique event was designed and initiated by First Business, with the help and support of the Volunteer Center of East Central WI and
The 2014 Enterprising NONPROFITS Conference is an all-day event offering three distinct conference education tracks for:
- Nonprofit board members
- Community involvement coordinators
- Executive directors
- Business development directors
Speakers and topics include:
- VICKI CLARK OF BOARDSOURCE CERTIFIED – Building a Mission Driven Board -Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards -Shared Leadership: Board/Executive Director Strategies
- CHRIS LLOYD OF TAPROOT FOUNDATION CHICAGO – Powered by Pro Bono: Nonprofits Guide to Securing and Managing Pro Bono Resources
- BARBARA WATERS OF BARBWATERS CONSULTING – Companies are from Mars; Nonprofits are from Venus
- JENNI EICKELBERG OF THRIVENT FINANCIAL, JEAN BLANEY OF THEDACARE, AND LYNN KROSS OF WPS FOUNDATION – Benefits for Employee Volunteer Engagement (panel discussion)
- MICHAEL FROHNA OF THEDACARE FOUNDATION – Leave Cultivation to the Farmers: How to Grow and Sustain a High-performance Fundraising Program
- BONNIE ANDREWS OF MILWAUKEE NONPROFIT CENTER
- SERVICE ENTERPRISE NATIONAL PILOT AT MILWAUKEE VOLUNTEER CENTER/NONPROFIT CENTER – Human Capital: Matching Attributes to your Mission
- NOEL HALVORSEN OF NEIGHBORWORKS GREEN BAY, MARY PARSONS & DEANNA MCGILL OF EMERGENCY SHELTER/LEAVEN, AND KELLY NUTTY OF RIVERVIEW GARDENS INC. – Cost Effectiveness of Shared Services: Real Life Examples
The ticket price is just $50, and includes access to all speakers, lunch, and a cocktail hour. All proceeds of the event will benefit the mission work of the Volunteer Center of East Central Wisconsin. Learn more at www.enterprisingnonprofits.org.
Members of the Media This event is free of charge for all members of the media. Please contact Jodie Johnson at 608-358-6289 for free admission and interview requests.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.