MADISON, WI, – Sept. 21, 2016 – Five local charities will win $25,000, $7,500, $5,000, $3,000 and $1,500 today at the 2016 First Business Invitational for Charity. At this annual event, local business leaders will compete in two person teams in a best ball format. Each two-some has selected one local charity for which they will play. First Business will cover 100 percent of the event costs, which means the first place team will win $25,000, second place will win $7,500, third place will win $5,000, fourth place will win $3,000, and fifth place will win $1,500 for their local charity. The event takes place at Hawks Landing Golf Club, with a shotgun start at 12:30, and the check presentation at 6:00 pm.
2016 participants and charities include:
- ACI & SCHWENN FAMILY ENDOWMENT – (benefiting Carbone Cancer Center) played for by Troy Schwenn and Connor Meloy of Automation Components, Inc.
- ALY WOLFF FOUNDATION, INC. – played for by Russ Wolff of Baker Tilly & Adam Nonn of Nonn’s Kitchen Bath Flooring.
- AMERICAN FAMILY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – played for by John Bickers, Sr. & John Bickers, Jr. of Alphagraphics
- CATHOLIC CHARITIES – played for by Mark Meloy & Jim Hartlieb of First Business
- COACHES VS. CANCER – played for by Brad Niebuhr & Jeff Knatz
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION – WISCONSIN CHAPTER – played for by Ken Kurszewski of Hottmann Construction Co., Inc. & Greg Jones of Dave Jones, Inc.
- DAIS – played for by Marci Dubler & Rich Twietmeyer of M3 Insurance.
- DANE COUNTY CASA, INC. – played for by Glen Weyenberg & Mike Gustafson of SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C.
- EDGEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL OF SACRED HEART – played for by Mike Elliot of Edgewood High School & James Imhoff of Universal Home Protection.
- FAMILY SERVICE MADISON – played for by Brian Burns & Neal Oberg of Morgan Murphy Media.
- FAMILY SUPPORT & RESOURCE CENTER – played for by Corey Chambas & Brian Hagen of First Business.
- FAMILY WORKS – played for by Ed McVey & Todd Trzcinski of FIS.
- GILDA’S CLUB – played for by Mike Oliphant & Tim Valentyn of The Oliphant Companies
- HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF DANE COUNTY – played for by Jason Kadow of KMA Bodilly CPAS and Consultants, S.C. & Jim Lemon of Merrill Lynch.
- HUMANE SOCIETY OF DANE COUNTY – played for by John Leja and Dr. Jay Hazen of LZ Ventures.
- INDEPENDENT LIVING, INC. – played for by Mike Scholz & Mike Hablewitz of Wegner CPAs.
- LOVE BEGINS HERE – A MINISTRY OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF MADISON – played for by Barry Brandt & Jeff Townsend of Lanair Products, sponsored by Aldine Capital Partners
- MADISON YOUTH SAILING AND BUCKETS FOR HUNGER – played for by Jeffrey Bartzen and David Gorwitz of Neider &Boucher, S.C.
- MIDDLETON OUTREACH MINISTRY – played for by Todd Smith & Adam Greenberg of Godfrey & Kahn S.C.
- NATIONAL MS SOCIETY – WISCONSIN CHAPTER – played for by Jim Rose & Randy Steinhauer of Baker Tilly.
- ONE CITY EARLY LEARNING – played for by Joseph Krupp & Steve Murphy of Prime Urban Properties.
- REAP – played for by Jeanne Whitish & Tom Stolper of Purple Cow Organics, LLC
- RSI RESPONSIVE SOLUTIONS, INC. – played for by Jeff Beckmann of J&K Security Solutions & Jim Krogstad of James Krogstad Insurance
- SAUK PRAIRIE FOOD PANTRY – played for by Daniel Heffron and Dan Heffron Jr of Heffron Homes, Inc.
- ST. VINCENT DE PAUL – played for by Jeff Haen and Kyle Haen of Hawks Landing.
- SUSAN G. KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE – played for by Tim Schleeper of Vierbicher Associates, Inc. & Chris Caulum of Oakbrook Corporation, sponsored by First American Title
- THE ROAD HOME DANE COUNTY – played for by Doug Strub and Beckie Strub of Meridian Group, Inc.
- THREE GAITS, INC. – played for by Jim Ring and Dick Pitzner of Park Towne
The Aly Wolff Foundation was the first place winner of the 2015 First Business Invitational for Charity. The nonprofit organization received a check for $25,000 thanks to local business leaders Todd Carpenter of Baker Tilly and Adam Nonn of Nonn’s Kitchen Bath & Flooring. For further information on the First Business Invitational, go to http://www.firstbusinessinvitational.com/.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding
company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business
executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers
commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management
solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its
clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness.
For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.