Local Charities To Win $25,000, $5,000, And $3,000 At Today’s First Business Invitational
MADISON, WI, – Sept. 9, 2015 – Three local charities will win $25,000, $5,000, and $3,000 today at the 2015 First Business Invitational for Charity. At this annual event, local business leaders will compete in two person teams in a best ball format. Each two-some has selected one local charity for which they will play. First Business will cover 100 percent of the event costs, which means the first place team will win $25,000, second place will win $5,000, and third place will win $3,000 for their local charity. The event takes place at Hawks Landing Golf Club, with a shotgun start at 12:30, and the check presentation at 6:00 pm.
2015 participants and charities include:
- ALY WOLFF FOUNDATION, INC. – played for by Adam Nonn of Nonn’s Kitchen Bath & Flooring & Todd Carpenter of Baker Tilly
- AMERICAN FAMILY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – played for by Gary Wolter & Mark Bugher of MG&E
- AMERICAN FAMILY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – played for by John Bickers, Sr. & John Bickers, Jr. of Alphagraphics
- BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF DANE COUNTY – played for by Mike Victorson & Sean LaBorde of M3 Insurance Solutions
- BRIARPATCH YOUTH SERVICES – played for by Mark Meloy & Tom Rude of First Business
- COACHES VS. CANCER – played for by Bo Ryan, UW Basketball Coach & Tim Valentyn of Murphy Desmond, S.C.
- CYSTIC FIBROSIS FOUNDATION – WISCONSIN CHAPTER played for by Ken Kurszewski of Hottmann Construction Co., Inc. & Greg Jones of Dave
- DANE COUNTY CASA, INC. – played for by Glen Weyenberg & Mike Gustafson of SVA Certified Public Accountants, S.C.
- EDGEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL OF SACRED HEART – played for by Mike Elliot of Edgewood High School & James Imhoff of Universal Home Protection
- FAMILY SERVICE MADISON – played for by Brian Burns & Steve Scadden of Morgan Murphy Media
- GILDA’S CLUB – played for by Bradley Raaths of DeWitt Ross & Stevens S.C. & Mike Schlageter
- GILDA’S CLUB – played for by Sean Cleary of Cleary Building Corp. & Rob Andringa, sponsored by The Oliphant Companies
- LOVE BEGINS HERE – A MINISTRY OF THE ARCHDIOCESE OF MADISON – played for by Michael Revord of Aldine Capital Partners & Barry Brandt of Lanair Products, LLC
- MARC FOUNDATION – played for by Corey Chambas & Brian Hagen of
- MIDDLETON OUTREACH MINISTRY – played for by Todd Smith & Adam Greenberg of Godfrey & Kahn S.C.
- NATIONAL MS SOCIETY – WISCONSIN CHAPTER – played for by Jim Rose & Wade Huseth of Baker Tilly
- PORCHLIGHT – played for John Leja of LZ Ventures & Jay Hazen
- REAP – played for by Jeanne Whitish & Tom Stolper of Purple Cow
- RSI RESPONSIVE SOLUTIONS, INC. – played for by Jeff Beckmann of J&K Security Solutions & Jim Krogstad of James Krogstad Insurance
- SECOND HARVEST – played for by Jeff Haen and Kyle Haen of Haen
- SUSAN G. KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE – played for by Chris Caulum of Oakbrook Corporation & David Glusick of Vierbicher, sponsored by First American Title
- UW CARBONE CANCER CENTER – played for by Troy Schwenn & Connor Meloy of Automation Components, Inc.
Last year’s winner of the First Business Invitational was The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: $39,000 thanks to Mike Gustafson and Glen Weyenberg of SVA Certified Public Accountants.
For further information on the First Business Invitational, go to www.firstbusinessinvitational.com. Golfers and spectators can follow the progress on the course through an online leader board accessible via a computer or smart phone on the day of the event.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.