First Business Is The Keynote Sponsor At Manufacturing Matters
BROOKFIELD, WI, – April 2, 2012 – First Business is pleased to announce they are a keynote sponsor at Manufacturing Matters!, a day-long event, hosted by the Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WMEP). This year’s event will be held on Wednesday, May 9th at the Frontier Airlines Center, 400 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee.
As part of this sponsorship, friends of First Business are eligible for $50 off their conference registration fee. Also, those who register by May 6 get an additional $50 Early-bird discount.
- Finding talented workers remains one of the most pressing issues facing manufacturers today. Tim Sullivan, former president and CEO of Bucyrus and now special consultant for business and workforce development for the state of Wisconsin, will share his insight into the skills gap, how to engage employees and specific programs that address the talent issue.
- AARON JAGDFELD – President and CEO of Manufacturer of the Year award-winner Generac Power Systems, will share his insights into building a rapidly growing business that draws on local suppliers to drive growth, as well as Generac’s innovative program to build its talent supply.
- ADAM HARTUNG – nationally acclaimed author and speaker, will share his innovative four-step process to master business growth in a dynamic world.
- SARAH MILLER CALDICOTT – co-author of “Innovate Like Edison”, will share the methods that her great-uncle Thomas Edison used to create an innovative organization – methods that are based on building collaborative teams.
- Other sessions focus on talent management, innovation, profitable sustainability, online marketing, food & feed, business growth, lean culture, finance, and legal and regulatory issues.
“Manufacturing Matters! aims to provide manufacturers a tremendous value in unmatched opportunities for learning, networking, and collaboration,” said Buckley Brinkman, WMEP’s executive director. “In response to manufacturer needs, we’re offering two channels this year – one focused on executives, and the other designed for operations staff, providing benefit for the entire manufacturing organization.”
“First Business fully supports Wisconsin Manufacturers and recognizes their contributions to our economy. We are proud to be a key sponsor of this Milwaukee-based manufacturing event. We at First Business support WMEP’s efforts to promote Wisconsin’s robust manufacturing industry. We feel this event is a perfect complement to our Northeast Wisconsin event, Manufacturing First, which will take place later this year in Green Bay.” said Dave Vetta, President & CEO of First Business Bank – Milwaukee.
Visit www.manufacturingmatters.org for more information on the conference. Register online and use the promotion code 2012FBB to get $50 off your conference fees. Register by May 6 and get an additional $50 Early-bird discount.
ABOUT WMEP WMEP is a private, nonprofit organization committed to the growth and success of Wisconsin manufacturers. A leader in Next Generation Manufacturing, WMEP brings best practices to Wisconsin firms to help them achieve world-class performance through innovation and transformation.
Since 1998, WMEP has helped to create and save more than 13,400 state manufacturing jobs, according to results documented by customers. WMEP receives financial support from the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation, and partners with many public and private organizations to serve Wisconsin manufacturers.
About First Business
First Business Financial Services is a Wisconsin-based bank holding company, focused on the unique needs of businesses, business executives and high net worth individuals. First Business offers commercial banking, specialty finance and private wealth management solutions, and because of its niche focus, is able to provide its clients with unmatched expertise, accessibility and responsiveness. For additional information, visit www.firstbusiness.com.